SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Work Schedule: PRN
About Medical City of Fort Worth
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
Accredited AMI Program
Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
Magnet Re-designation December 2015
Under the supervision of the Director of Cardiology and the Nurse Supervisor of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, assists physicians during cardiac cath lab procedures in a circulating and/or scrubbing role. Patient care functions will be preformed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization. Provides patient education of cath lab procedures.
Education and Training Experience Required
- Graduate from an accredited professional school of nursing.
- 1-2 years prior ICU/CCU critical care experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Lab preferred
- Ability to read arrhythmia’s and perform all CPR duties
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification