SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: Full-Time Days
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
About Medical City of Fort Worth
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
Accredited AMI Program
Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
Magnet Re-designation December 2015
few of the benefits we provide you:
Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy - Emerging Leaders
Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
(3 to 9% based on tenure)
Stock Purchase Plan
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
Extended Family Leave
and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
of consumer discounts
Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports the HCA Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
- Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
- Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
- Demonstrates and promotes Medical City Fort Worth’s Excellence Always values:
Contributes to the organization’s three indicators of success:
- “You First”
Demonstrates desirable work habits and promotes personal growth and professionalism in the work environment.
Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environment
Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Exceptional Clinical Quality
- Unparalleled Service
- Consistent Earnings Outperformance
Education and Training Experience Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing with a minimum of Bachelors of Science in Nursing Required. Associates may be considered upon initial hire, however completion of, or enrollment in a bachelor’s program within one year of hire required for employment.
- 1-year experience in the OR preferred. CNOR experience preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification