$10,000 Sign-on for experienced nurses!
Take your career to the next level as a Medical Surgical Nurse on the Acute Care Specialty Unit at Wesley Medical Center!
No other organization is better positioned to provide an excellent work experience for you like one committed to the care and improvement of human life. One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services e offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, we treat more than 24,000 patients annually and deliver more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Woodlawn ER and Wesley Derby ER.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, Wesley Children's Hospital, and WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Patient Safety Score Report!
To learn more about the culture at Wesley Medical Center, click HERE
Our 16 bed Acute Care Specialty Unit is a brand new unit which is designed to deliver extraordinary care to acutely ill adult patients. The staff on this unit will deliver care to patients with a wide range of medical problems and diseases and some recovering from surgery. On this unit, you will be sure to grow professionally and develop a wide range of nursing skills. The wonderful physician groups at Wesley collaborate with the nurses to ensure all patients are safe and receive the highest quality care.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
- You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
- You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
- You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
- You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
- You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
- You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
- You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
- Your decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- You will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
- You will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- You will secure, administer and handle medication according to established guidelines
Interested in a career at Wesley? Call Tiffany!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 720.601.7861
Here is what we can offer you:
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP