Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The Emergency Department is fully equipped to handle urgent and critical emergencies, including multiple trauma cases; cardiac, neurological and pediatric emergencies; orthopedic injuries; obstetrical and gynecological cases; and other emergencies.
Physicians in 20 specialties and sub-specialties readily available, residents from throughout the region are assured access to comprehensive emergency healthcare 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ACLS required
· PALS required
· TNCC preferred
· CEN and/or ENPC preferred
· Arrhythmia recognition course within 6 months (if not documented in previous experience)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Acute care experience preferred
· Critical or emergent care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skillsApply Now