Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.Surgical Services – General Operating Room
- 19 OR Suites which includes an Intraoperative MRI Suite
- Procedures Performed:
- DaVinci Robot (Xi and Si)
- Orthopedics (Trauma related)
- Comprehensive breast surgery
- Kidney transplants
- General Gynecology & Gynecological Oncology
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Urology and Uro-gynecological
- Priority and focus placed on Teamwork to promote a better patient experience
- A supportive culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit promote excellent practices, collegial relationships and have a passion for supporting staff in reaching their professional goals.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
- Demonstrates competency in assisting surgeon as it relate to unit scope if care.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
- Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and inservices.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision making skills on behalf of patient, self and peers.
- High School Graduate (required)
- Graduate of an approved CORT program, or RN, or LPN, or Certified Surgical Assistant Program (required)
- Certification in training as a Surgical Assistant or RNFA Certification (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Minimum of three years operating room scrubbing experience (required)
- One year of experience as a surgical assistant (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift (6:45am-3:15pm)
- Call Requirements
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.