SHIFT: No Weekends
Our 327-bed hospital is a full-service acute care facility with a qualified team of physicians, nurses and staff who provide exceptional patient care. Our LifeCare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies.
Accountable for rounding, preparing assessment documents for any and all Physician's use to perform histories and physicals, skills, procedures, lab interpretation, order sets, and critical thinking required, in caring for ill patients, in collaboration with the supervising physician for the unit. Participates in the development of guidelines for nurse practitioners, and serves as a resource for staff members, patients, and family. Assist in continuously improving quality of care, processes and services. Works directly with physicians and staff in improving the clinical skills of nurses and raising the standard of care delivered to patients.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: acute medical/ surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuron, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, DM, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Performs focused or comprehensive initial
assessments and provide assessment documents that the treating physician may
use as references to perform histories and physicals in order to guide
development of the medical plan of care in collaboration for all unit patients
per admitting physician request
- NP services are to be open and available for all
Physicians to utilize.
- Performs designated diagnostic and clinical
procedures as defined in an agreed upon pediatric protocol in Wound unit;
- Documents concisely and accurately in the
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and
participates in research, development, education, communication, and
implementation of system changes.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness
of care and practices through collaboration within the multi-disciplinary team
by conducting daily assessment rounds, in addition to physician's rounds.
- Promotes teamwork and serves a role model,
consultant, delegates, educator, and resource for members of the health care
team and families.
- Evaluates and applies knowledge of age-related
and socioeconomic factors in the assessment, care treatment, and education
patients and their families.
- Assists with quality data.
- Collaborates with physicians in order to insure
efficiency in patient care.
- Promotes customer service.
- After the Supervising physician has provided the
initial order for use of the protocol which has been approved by the medical
staff, NP will prescribe or administer medications, treatments or procedures
per physician request and under the supervision of appointed physician.
- Other duties as assigned.
AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Successful completion of an accredited Nurse
Practitioner degree plan.
- Experience in acute care and management of acute
care patients preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
- Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner licensure
- Current certification in BLS required.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
- Minimum of five years
experience in nurse practitioner role preferred.
- Critical care
- Bilingual in
- Effective leadership,
teaching, research and communication skills required.
- Ability to
demonstrate complex clinical skills within the framework of the advanced
- Advanced physical
assessment and critical thinking skills required.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments required.
- Ability to assess medical conditions and interpret findings required.
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary team required.