DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
POPULATION SERVED: Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to Cardiovascular/Thoracic, Neuro, GI, GU, GYN, Orthopedics, Neonates, Skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases etc.
· Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
· Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
· Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
· Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patients’ right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
· Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the Registered Nurse.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certified Surgical Technologist. BCLS Certification.
Surgical technologist experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and write basic English. Able to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance form other staff. Knowledge of body substance isolation. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs. Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles.