SHIFT: No Weekends
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region’s only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, plumbing, carpentry and heating/air conditioning tasks, installing and repairing equipment and maintaining building and grounds as assigned.
- Installs, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in accordance with diagrams,operating manuals, maintenance schedule and manufacturer specifications using hand tools and testing instruments.
- Maintains and repairs air handlers, exhaust fans, patient beds and sterilizers, generators, oxygen, vacuum, and pneumatic tube systems.
- Repairs and operates hot water heating system to boilers, transfer pumps and heating coils.
- Inspects, installs, repairs pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures.
- Cuts and thread pipes, fit valves, couplings and other specified parts.
- Constructs, repairs and maintains furniture, wall partitions, cabinets, doors, windows, building framework and related carpentry duties.
- Calculates quantity of materials needed and other supplies to complete an assigned project.
- Performs various heating and air conditioning service responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administrative Director.
- Keeps up to date preventive maintenance records.
- Must be accessible for emergency and on-call duties on a 24-hour basis.
- Shall observe safety rules and regulations at all time.
- Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Graduation from high school or equivalent with supplemental apprentice training or trade school training in plumbing, HVAC, or related trade area.
License through the City of El Paso, or Texas Department of License Registry or Federal Licensing.
4 years of hands-on experience in HVAC, boiler operations, plumbing, or related trade area.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of relevant building or plumbing codes; knowledge of the materials, tools and techniques of plumbing, maintenance, or HVAC trade.
- Ability to work from sketches, blue prints and written instructions; ability to exercise initiative and judgment in estimating the method, materials and time needed to complete assigned projects; ability to troubleshoot equipment or plumbing malfunctions so as to identify the problem and take appropriate action to correct the situation; ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to follow oral and written instructions and ability to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds; ability to perform work in rather inaccessible areas.
- Skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools used in the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary period.