SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under general supervision operates MRI equipment, positions patient to produce diagnostic images in a safe manner and performs related duties.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac, Cardiovascular, mammary, GI, endocrine, renal, skeletal conditions and diseases including but not limited to: CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, oncology, etc.
- Operates MRI equipment to make image scans of designated portions of the body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data.
- Records and maintains data on optical disk and PACS and logs.
- Arranges attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of room, equipment and personnel
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Follows MRI safety protocols on all patients and staff entering the magnet room.
- Other duties as assigned
- ARRT registered.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- MR certification or certification eligible must obtain MRI registry within one year of employment.
- CPR certification required.
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a JRCERT approved radiologic technologist program
- Prefer 1 year of prior experience as a full time MRI technologist.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to determine proper sequences and protocols to achieve optimum diagnostic images with high degree of efficiency.
- Ability to examine images for the purpose of evaluating techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment during MRI procedures.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce optimum image of desired anatomy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, positioning, radiographic technique and radiation and magnetic safety concepts and techniques; knowledge of radiographic and magnetic physics, and knowledge of medical terminology.