SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Authorized to perform assigned diagnostic test procedures accurately in accordance with the written policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality control protocols. Performs and document proscribed maintenance procedures as instructed.
- Can work without supervision. Recognizes errors and proceeds to resolve them using appropriate resources.
- Report work accurately, legibly and in accordance with the criteria for abnormal and critical values. Does not need supervisory review prior to reporting results.
- Work efficiently and respond to stats and other priority tests to provide optimum patient care.
- Interact professionally with Laboratory personnel and with other Hospital departments.
- Assist with evaluation of equipment and procedures, orient new employees and work with students as requested.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the laboratory and the patients.
- Will comply with universal precautions and adhere to safety standards and practices.
- Will use the Laboratory Computer System and will be assigned to the security level appropriate to the job.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or be required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the Laboratory & the patients.
- Demonstrates commitment to ASPIRE standards.
Preferably one to two years of clinical experience, but consideration
may be given to a new graduate.
Education: Associate degree in Medical Technology
or equivalent from an accredited institution preferred. Or have completed an
accredited 50 week, U.S. Military Medical Laboratory training.
Qualifications: Must be detail oriented and able to operate
mechanical, electrical and computer controlled instrumentation. Have a working knowledge of PCs and
Laboratory Information Systems. Possess knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in an age
appropriate manner, and to involve significant others, as necessary or