SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registrar Trauma, PRN (FTE .01)
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Trauma Registrar is responsible for data collection, both abstracting and analyzing, data entry, and data completion of the trauma patient population. He/she is also responsible for data submission/distribution/report generation to/for the appropriate parties within the designated time frame. This position assists with projects under the direction of the Trauma Program Director as indicated. The position reports to the Trauma Program Director.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Greets all visitors entering the department.
- Maintains up to date files of all pertinent information, diagnostic reports, and labs.
- Procures documents/charts as needed for required information.
- Responsible for data completion by accurately completing all patients entries, documents appropriate follow-up information and outcomes as requested, prepares trauma death records as requested
- Responsible for information management of the trauma population including; data entry into Trauma Registry; coding all data fields appropriately; summarizing patient population as it relates to clinical outcomes of all Trauma Patients using AIS scoring and ICD-9 codes while maintaining accuracy rate of 95% for all critical data entry elements/coded items..
Qualifications Required Job Qualifications Include: