DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
About our Facility:
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 686-bed comprehensive facility
offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour
emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services.
TriStar Centennial Medical Center's Recognitions & Accreditations:
The Microbiology Supervisor manages the technical and operational aspects of the Microbiology department. When needed, the Microbiology Supervisor is also responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results. Testing is done using both automated and manual methods. Microbiology Supervisor is expected to apply critical thinking in all phases of testing.
1. Current State of Tennessee Medical Laboratory Supervisor General License required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent.
3. At least 3 years of experience in a Supervisory role of a Microbiology department preferred.
4. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all co-workers, staff, patients, patient families and vendors
5. Proficient computer skills, i.e. ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and other programs for creating reports.
6. Medi-tech experience preferred
7. Molecular Microbiology experience preferred