SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to operate and repair steam generating and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and appropriate testing procedures.
- Ability to assess and respond promptly to mechanical failures.
- Ability to interact with medical personnel, outside services and inspectors.
- Operates and maintains boilers, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment, diesel engines, turbines, generators, pumps condensers, and compressors.
- Start up, regulate, repair, and shut down equipment.
- Ensure equipment operates safely, economically, and within established guidelines and regulations.
- Test water and fuel, adjust chemical treatment, and perform preventative maintenance to keep readings at desired levels and extend life of equipment.
- Install, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all mechanical and HVAC equipment to maintain a comfortable quality of life for customers.
- Have the ability to read blueprints, schematics, and trace electrical control systems and adjust valves.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Will utilize the following equipment : Hand tools, Power tools, Computer, Test instruments, Vehicles & 2-way radio
• High School Diploma or GED (required)
• Five (5) or more years maintenance or trade experience (required)
• Four (4) years of experience with high pressure boiler and mechanical refrigeration (chillers) systems operation (preferred)
• Hospital or institutional experience (preferred)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, & TRAINING:
• VA HVAC Journeyman License (required)
• Two (2) Year Technical Certification (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift (8-10 hours a day)
- Rotating Call and Weekends
- Holiday Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.