This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Major Responsibilities: The following duties are required:
1. Work with staff to use a standardized setup for robotic cases (as feasible) and operating rooms. Standardize the da Vinci system location, operating room layout and instrument trays
2. Maintains an up-to-date list of equipment/supplies kept/stocked in the robotic OR(s) and proactively communicates with OR supply chain personnel to assure appropriate par levels. Develop an efficient restocking system to ensure supplies are readily available
3. Designate instruments and accessory selections for robotic procedures and maintains up-to-date instrument count sheets and accurate surgeon preference cards.
4. Prepares and maintains an up-to-date robotic surgery resource book for all staff to reference.
5. Work collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator and Lead Anesthesia Representative to develop robotic surgery education programs for all roles supporting robotic surgery in surgical services. Education and orientation for new staff and staff new to the robotic service line. In collaboration with the Surgical Services Educator, promote staff development through creating and implementing education programs related to robotic surgery and maintain education and skills records.
6. Work collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator, Lead CRNA, and robotic surgeons to develop competencies and conduct annual competency assessments for robotic surgery. Si and Xi system training including troubleshooting techniques Roles and functions of the circulator, scrub, and first assistant and unique functions specifically related to robotic surgery and robotic equipment. Competencies for multi-port and single-site procedures. Patient positioning and safety considerations. Decontamination and reprocessing of robotic instrumentation and equipment
7. Provide staff with updates on new technology, instrumentation, supplies, software updates, etc.
8. In concert with dedicated team members, implement process improvements related to quality, patient safety, efficiency and turnover, room organization, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment.
9. Identify opportunities to grow robotic services and maximize financial revenue of the program. Work with organizational sales representatives to identify new robotic surgeons Provide assistance to and coordinate activities with surgical scheduling to maximize surgeon access robotic equipment. Maintain vigilance and work collaboratively to assure cost effective, high quality strategies for care delivery through Strategic and Operational meetings, which includes gathering Data, Matrix and the presentation of the gathered information.
10. Function as an active member and lead the efforts of the Robotics Steering Committee. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information discussed in the committee. Provide timely feedback regarding personnel and surgeon issues related to the robotic surgery line
11. Participate in new and reoccurring education to maintain clinical competencies and skills required as a leader within Surgical Services and as Robotics Services Coordinator
12. Performs other duties as requested and as required by management
1. Able to scrub or circulate or first assist on robotic surgery cases.
2. Able to effectively multi-task often and change functions quickly.
3. Develops and maintains respectful and collaborative relationships and interactions with others.
4. Demonstrates attention to detail in planning, executing, and evaluating tasks related to position.
5. Demonstrates superior time management skills; able to assist in directing tasks of others related to robotic surgery care delivery.
6. Assists with data collection, management, and reporting as required.
7. Demonstrates Excellence Always values in communication and interpersonal interactions and effectively solves problems and challenges n respectful and positive manner.
8. Advocates for team members related to skills development, education, processes and the surgical environment.
9. Maintains all required professional development and competency requirements.