SHIFT: No Weekends
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 15 OR Suite
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
- Types of surgeries conducted: Da Vinci, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Vascular, Pediatrics, Urology, Plastics, and General Surgery
- Rapidly growing unit looking for nurses who are highly responsive
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils and unit based OR Counsel
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certification, and clinical ladders
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
have extensive Orthopedic Operating Room experience
clinical competence in both the Circulating and Scrub Nurse roles. Serves in the
lead role over a specialized modality of the operating room.
assigned service and staff in conjunction with the Schedule and Clinical
Assists Operating Room Staff to achieve their potential as
members of an effective team through innovative management practices.
and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs in
advance of the days schedule.
Promotes cost containment while delivering
quality patient care within the operating room.
own professional growth and development through continuing education and
Accommodations can be made if you need to stay over night
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- CNOR certification (preferred) - HCA will pay for certification and bonus will be offered upon completion
- Minimum of one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course
- Scrubbing or surgical assistant experience (preferred)