SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Medical Specialty Unit:
36 bed unit
Patient population ranges from acute renal failure, congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation and other acute conditions
Overflow for Oncology, Neuro, Med/Surg, Women’s Health and others Units
The strong and committed leadership of the unit has developed a cohesive, friendly and supportive team that operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”
New Graduates Nurses are encouraged to join our team and become proficient in their skills
The RN will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient’s signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Diploma or Associates Degree in
Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a
BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Licensed or eligible for
licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
American Heart Association
Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
ACLS certification (preferred)
a generous compensation package including:
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending
accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide
a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible
active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of
We are an
equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.