SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional (NFRMC) is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care
, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery
, weight loss surgery and treatment
, women’s health
and wound therapy
, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010.
North Florida Regional Medical Center’s Cardiac North Tower is a 45 bed cardiac med/surg department. We provide care to patients with a primary cardiac diagnosis, including congestive heart failure, chest pain, and arrhythmias. We are trained to begin specific antiarrhythmic drugs, including IV Cardizem, IV Amiodarone, and oral Sotalol.
We have a supportive leadership team that is committed to being available for staff and patients when needed. Our teamwork is recognized as being an integral part of our unit’s culture.
We support each other to ensure excellent care of our patients. Our diverse patient population will grow your skills to become a valuable caregiver throughout your career.
The team is dedicated to enriching our community through extraordinary healthcare with unmatched dedication and compassion!
Come join our amazing team that feels like family. The next step of your career begins now.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· State of Florida RN License required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score