SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse - Neuro ICU - Full Time Nights
*$5000 Sign On Bonus and $5000 Relocation Bonus for Eligible Candidates*
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Practicing on medicine’s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
About Tulane Medical Center:
Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits, including Tuition Assistance, Student Loan Reimbursement, Paid Family Leave and much more!
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
Qualifications for Critical Care RN:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment. Current CPR certification.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses.
- Experience: One year in area of practice preferred by not required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Bonus: * - Sign On and Relocation Bonuses are based on qualifying criteria - Current Employees not eligible - Please ask your Recruiter for details.