SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Nationally recognized as one of the best!
HCA Inpatient Rehabilitation Services is the largest acute hospital based
provider of Inpatient Rehab in the country!! Take the opportunity to come
join our team and be a part of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Services!
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
- Our program
provides specialized and highly skilled physical rehabilitation services to
patients with complex needs
begins early in the patient's recovery.
- A dedicated rehabilitation team
consists of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and
- Each patient's rehabilitation plan is individualized to help
patients and their families achieve the best possible outcome and quality of
- Our team of board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation
physicians works with patients and their families every step of the way to get
patients back to the quality of life they deserve.
Rehabilitation Program is designed to help people overcome the effects of a
stroke or other debilitating injury or illness. The program combines physical
therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehab nursing and
nuero-psychology services under the direction of a psychiatrists (physical
medicine and rehabilitation physician). Education, disease management, diet,
home set-up, social and emotional needs and home exercise programs are provided
to patients and their families to help them manage their care and perform acts
of daily living at home. Medicare and most private insurance plans cover some
or all of prescribed rehabilitation services.
Click below to see more into our Inpatient Rehab!
- Consults with physicians and other healthcare providers to
communicate patient progress.
- Serves as coordinator between internal and external referral
sources and acute inpatient rehab operations
- Leads and participates with the interdisciplinary team in planning
delivery and evaluation of patient-focused care. Participates in
interdisciplinary rounds. Ensures that individualized patient goals are agreed
upon between patient, family and caregiver involvement.
- Ensures appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings
and assessments in collaboration with both case management and Rehab Medical
- Sets, monitors, and measures daily/weekly admission metrics
- Works closely with hospital case management to ensure responsive
and smooth flowing admission and referral process for program
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development,
assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to ages of
- Current state license in Virginia or appropriate compact state
- Required RN (CRRN preferred) OR
Physical Therapist OR Occupational Therapist OR Speech Pathologist (Speech
- Minimum of 2 yrs clinical
- Previous leadership experience
- BLS and ACLS.(PALS as
- Certifications in specialty
- Desire to pursue future
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
We are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”