DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
TriStar Summit Medical Center
Celebrating 20 years of providing quality healthcare to Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties, TriStar Summit is a 200-bed comprehensive facility offering a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopaedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care. There are more than 300 board-certified physicians representing over 36 specialties on staff, many of whom have offices located on TriStar Summit's campus.
Summit Medical Center has been designated as a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). This designation demonstrates TriStar Summit’s commitment to creating a work environment where nurses can flourish. TriStar Summit is currently the only hospital in Tennessee to hold this designation and is one of only 139 hospitals designated nation-wide.
According to ANCC, Pathway-designated organizations are deemed the best places to work for nurses, with high nurse satisfaction and retention. Research shows that healthy work environments improve not only nurse satisfaction but also patient satisfaction and quality of care.
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement.
When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
· Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
· Current TN RN licensure or TN approved compact license
· American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS
· ICU, ENDO, PACU, ED, OB/PACU, Float Pool: ACLS required within 6 months
· PACU & ED: PALS required within 6 months
· ED, ICU, Float Pool: CPI certification training required within one year
· 4th Floor: Designated Pediatric Nurses: PALS required
· 6th Floor: Designated Nurses: Chemotherapy certification within one year
· L&D & Nursery: NRP required within 6 months
· Nursery: STABLE required within 1 year
· L&D nurses: AWHONN basic and intermediate within one year and advanced within two years
NOTE: To avoid any time delays please take the online assessment survey when prompted to do so.
We’re hiring top talent today. Apply online now!