SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career and your future?
Trident Health is a 407 bed multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident Health is comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center -- and Centre Pointe Emergency Department and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety.
We invite new graduates to apply for our Emergency Department StaRN New Graduate Nurse program! This is a 16 week program starting in July 2019 featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain emergency department nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Trident Health's Emergency Services. During the 16 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. At completion of the program you will transfer to Trident Health and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with Trident Health.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Part 1 - Training facilitated in the first eight (8) Weeks via:
· Instructor-led classroom training
· State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief
· Self-directed learning
The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
May require travel to an offsite training location
Part 2 - Clinical Preceptorship – Remaining eight (8) Weeks
· Conducted at the hospital
· Regular development meetings between the student, the preceptor and your Director
The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of the 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Nurse Residents continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
Key values to the candidates:
· Emergency Nurse Association Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum
· Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
· BLS/ACLS Certification
· NIH Stroke Scale Certification
· CPI Certification, ENPC, PALS, TNCC, TeamSTEPPS, ECG
· Meditech Training and Validation
· Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
· Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
· Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Must have a South Carolina or multistate RN license to start the program
- Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training Program