SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
West Florida Healthcare proudly provides market-leading quality outcomes performance. West Florida Healthcare is also recognized as the area’s first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, the area’s first Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and the area’s only Certified Atrial Fibrillation Program. West Florida Healthcare has also been designated as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and has been named as a “Key Performer on Quality Measures” by The Joint Commission for four years in a row. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the area’s only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, a mental health facility, and a cancer center.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare meets the community’s healthcare needs in major services such as oncology, orthopedics, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health, gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative medicine.
The Manager of Behavioral Health Social Services is
responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Behavioral Health
departments by ensuring the coordination of services provided to patients
through supervision, management, and direct provision of patient care services
in all areas. (Behavioral Health Inpatient Social Services, Activity Therapy,
Intake, and Outpatient PHP/IOP services.)
Plans, organizes, directs, defines and coordinates clinical services
necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory
Functions (including, but not limited to):
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, and corrective
action process of professional and non-professional employees.
- Provides for orientation and continuing education for all
employees, with a focus on department/discipline-specific knowledge and skills
required for competent performance of position responsibilities.
- Provides supervision for the practice of social work for
all social work functions
- Responsible for Program and group curriculum, group
schedules and group education for all non-therapeutic group facilitation
- In collaboration with the Behavioral Health Program
Director, plans, directs, and supervises all technical aspects of the Program
related to services, offerings and implementation of educational programs.
- Prepares reports and statistical surveys for the facility
and company as requested.
- Maintains clinical skills by continuing to provide
patient care as census dictates and administrative duties allow.
- Active participation in the planning and execution of
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) required
- Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license required
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with psychiatric clients
- Experience in psychiatric outpatient setting preferred
- Experience in management required
- Scope of practice must include ability to independently
conduct clinical and psychosocial assessments (required)
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D