This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
The Service Line Director is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all functions of the department(s) in order to support the stated mission, vision and values of Medical City Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and promote, advocate and support the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family or community. It is expected that the Director will effectively operate the department, continue the improvement of the department’s processes and outcomes, comply with hospital and corporate policy and procedures, efficiently manage finances and resources, promote teamwork and customer satisfaction, and integrate the department services into the organization’s overall plan for delivery of care and service. The Director also has responsibilities for service line growth as well as programmatic duties to support service line quality and growth initiatives.
• Coordinate/integrate department services with the hospital’s primary function.
• Develop/implement policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services.
• Coordinate all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
• Exercise independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care
• Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of synergy
• Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
• Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
• Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
• Determine the qualifications/competence of personnel.
• Continuously assess/improve department’s performance.
• Maintain/implement quality control programs.
• Provide for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
• Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
• Identify and select outside sources for needed services.
• Promote involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community activities. Participate in health promotions and educational community involvement, life time learning and nursing research.
• Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
• Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
• Participate in business development and outreach