SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 290 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
The new tech-savvy hospital offers a variety of programs and services including Emergency Care, Heart & Vascular, Spine & Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health & Obstetrics. The hospital is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, has a Community Comprehensive Cancer Program and features a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery.
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
• Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
• Assembles patient charts.
• Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
• Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
• Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
• Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
• Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
· BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
· Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
· Previous experience as a unit secretary and monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
· Computer literacy is required.
· Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.