OR Technician Certified FT Days - CVOR
Hudson, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Experience our commitment to compassion and care at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 290-bed facility boasts many awards and accolades, particularly for our nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. Our dedication to patients is reflected in the ongoing recognition of our Centers of Excellence, which include:
Heart & Vascular Institute * Advanced Certification for Heart Failure * Chest Pain Center with PCI * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds