SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Regional Medical Center Bayonet is a 290-bed acute care
hospital and Level II Trauma Center located in Hudson, and home of the
nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. Just 30 minutes from the Tampa city life,
the hospital is located on Florida’s Nature Coast and boasts beautiful beaches
and intercostal waterways.
The GME teaching hospital has achieved distinction as a
certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center with PCI, accredited
Arrhythmic Center or Florida (SCPC) and Accredited with Commendation Community
Cancer Program (CoC). Additionally, the
hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture 13 Years in a Row 2005-2017
and Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery 8 Years in a Row 2010-2017 from
Healthgrades. For more information, visit www.RMCHealth.com
Under the direct supervision of the surgeon the Surgical Tech-First Assist, prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and assists the physician during procedures. Assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of others, and functions as a resource within the department.
Assists before, during and after a surgical procedure. Within scope of practice, provides retraction, manipulation of tissues, hemostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient. Performs ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electocautery application.
Assists in the preparation of surgical patients. Assists with positioning patients, applications of plaster casts, immobilizers and surgical dressings.
Closes all wound layers (fascia, subcutaneous and skin), under the direct oversight of the surgeon, places tourniquets and catheters, clamps/cuts tissue and assists in applying wound dressings and drainage. Provides local infiltration or the topical application of a local anesthetic and hemostatic agents at the operative site.
Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting the SCIP and VTE standards of care.
Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) and the State of FL Surgical Assistant Program, OR Medical School Graduate; OR allied health professional having completed 2250 hours surgical rotation Required.
- Current CFA having completed 350 cases Required.
- Two years of experience within the last four years Required.
- Current Certification as First Assistant (CFA) Required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Assco.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills