SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWesley Medical Center-Wichita, Kansas
Registered Nurse(RN) Neuro Intensive Care Unit
For more than 100 years, Wesley Healthcare has provided exceptional healthcare to thousands of families in Wichita and throughout Kansas and Northern Oklahoma.
Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. At Wesley, our patients receive comprehensive care from the most experienced physicians in Kansas. Our patients’ preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services we offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at our facilities.
As a leader in overall recommended care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, the Wesley Woodlawn ER and the region’s only pediatric ER just for kids.
- Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department -specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Supports the organization vision and mission.
- Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care.
- Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification:
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Successful completion of Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
- For RNs in MICU – NIH
- For RNs in Neuro ICU-CRRT, NIH
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification:
- For RNs in MICU - CRRT
- For RNs in SICU - TNCC, CRRT, NIH
Required Education or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing