Mental Health Tech Certified IR
Largo, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At the largest hospital in HCA’s West Florida Division, become part of something bigger. Through the units of our 425-bed statutory teaching hospital, you will find an avenue to pursue your passion for excellence in patient care. Since 1978, Largo Medical Center has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, excellence in care, compassion and convenience. We have three locations primed to help patients in Pinellas County. Largo Medical Center has locations in Clearwater, through our Free-Standing ER, in Largo, FL through our Largo Medical Center - Main Campus and at Largo Medical Center -Indian Rocks close to Indian Rocks Beach.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities in the Mental Health unit include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech Required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- At least one year of experience working within the mental health/behavior health unit required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.