SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Take your career to the next level as a Medical Surgical Nurse on the Ortho Spine Unit at Wesley Medical Center!
No other organization is better positioned to provide an excellent work experience for you like one committed to the care and improvement of human life. One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services e offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, we treat more than 24,000 patients annually and deliver more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Woodlawn ER and Wesley Derby ER.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, Wesley Children's Hospital, and WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Patient Safety Score Report!
To learn more about the culture at Wesley Medical Center, click HERE
Our 31 bed Orthopedic Unit's Total Knee and Hip Replacement Program and Spine Program are Joint Commission Certified! In November 2018, we will move to a brand new 34 bed unit with state of the art technology that was designed with input from the nursing staff in order to improve nursing workflow. We are invested in staff education specific to our patient population including training with the Physical Therapy Department which we work closely with to provide our patients with safe and quality care. We work well together to meet the needs of our patients!
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
- You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
- You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
- You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
- You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
- You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
- You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
- You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
- Your decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- You will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
- You will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- You will secure, administer and handle medication according to established guidelines
Interested in a career
at Wesley? Call Alex!
Here is what we can
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Qualifications I'm interested, what is required for this position?
- You have a current Registered Nurse License in the state of Kansas, and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
- Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
- We would like to fill this position with an RN who has 1 to 2 years acute care experience
- We believe it's pretty great to be a new or recent graduate nurse. We're considering recent graduates and non-acute applicants as well
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our hospital. We do not discriminate on the basis or race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.