SHIFT: No Weekends
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women’s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
Valley Regional is currently looking for a MRI Tech.
- Knowledgeable in MRI screening and safety, biomedical implants (e.g. pacemakers, clips, ferrous foreign bodies, prior diagnostic or surgical procedures, placement of conductors, (e.g. ECG leads, coils, cables), cryogen safety, emergency procedures (e.g. quench, fire), climate control (temperature, humidity) gauss lines, magnetic shielding, RF shielding, and biological considerations (RF field, specific absorption rate (SAR), biological effects, FDA guidelines).
- Demonstrates competency in date acquisition and processing.
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between patients.
- Demonstrates proper procedure for contrast injection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment, monitoring and management, vital signs, physical signs and symptoms, sedated patients, and claustrophobic patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Demonstrates competency for pulse sequences, spin echo, conventional spin echo, fast spin echo (FSE) STIR, FLAIR, Gradient recall echo (GRE), echo planar imaging (EPI).
- Demonstrates competency in data manipulation, k-space mapping and filling, fourier transformation 3-D post processing, maximum intensity projection (MIP), cardiac analysis.
- Demonstrates competency in diffusion, perfusion, spectroscopy, and MRI imaging.
- Demonstrates use of universal precautions and other precautions as appropriate.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiological Technology and/or completed and passed an approved course in MRI technology.
- ARRT(R)(MRI) registry is preferred
- Two years Radiological Technology experience is required in this field
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org