SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women’s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
Valley Regional is currently looking for a CT Tech.
- Demonstrates competency in patient preparation including consent, scheduling and screening, patient education, boarding pass, and immobilization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment including history, monitoring, vital signs, oximetry, heart rhythm and cardiac cycle.
- Demonstrates knowledge of laboratory values including renal function (e.g. BUN, Creatinine clearance, GFR, PT, PTT, platelet, INR).
- Demonstrates knowledge of IV procedures, venipuncture, site selection, aseptic and sterile technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contrast agents, ionic, non-ionic, hyper-osmolar, iso-osmolar, barium sulfate, water soluble (iodinated) air and water soluble (iodinated) air and water.
- Demonstrates knowledge of administration route (IV, oral, rectal, intrathecal, catheters, intra-articular) and calculations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical factors affecting patient does; KVp, MAs, pitch, collimation MA modulation techniques, mutidetector configuration, gataing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation protection and dose measurement, CT dose index (CTDI), multiple scan average dose (MSAD), and dose length product (DLP)
- Demonstrates knowledge of image display, Pixel, Voxel, matrix, image magnification, field of view (scan reconstruction) and display, attenuation coefficient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of image quality, spatial resolution, contrast resolution, temporal resolution, noise and uniformity, and quality assurance.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiological Technology and/or completed and passed an approved course in MRI technology
- ARRT(R)(MRI) registry is preferred
- Two years Radiological Technology experience is required in this field