Surgical Technician - Operating Room (Part time)
McAllen, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Weekends Only
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Off-Site Emergency Department
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Rio Grande Regional Hospital is currently looking for a Surgical Technologist.
- Collaborates with physician and Registered Nurses to serve in support role within OR.
- Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases.
- Proficient in surgical environment as surgical assistant passing instruments and assisting the physician during surgical cases.
- May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes and procedure trays are stored.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology
- Certified Surgical Technologist is required.
- One year of experience in a hospital Operating Room setting is required.
- BLS is required.