Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (PRN)
Brownsville TX, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
This shift is Monday-Friday from 7 AM - 3 PM with call.
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women’s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
Valley Regional is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room.
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe a therapeutic environment.
- Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current TX RN licensure (or eligible for NCLEX)
- BCLS required