SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health.
At Blake Medical Center, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, our hospital implemented the CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Student nurse performs unit support activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices endorses and provides customer service skills to patients visitors, physician and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients’ rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- With the RN plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- With the RN evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Does not administer any medications
- Completion of Freshman curriculum and Freshman nursing skills as a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program (or comparable curriculum).
- BLS (through the American Heart Association) required
- Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.