Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN
Wichita, KS, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWesley Medical Center - Wichita, Kansas
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
- Performs Imaging studies of various parts of the body to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injury.
- Positions and prepares patients for exams according to the type of procedure to be performed
- Assesses patients throughout procedures and responds to patient needs as appropriate
- Completes appropriate documentation for each study performed, including all computer and PACS functions
- Participates in quality control and assessment activities on a daily basis
- Handles radiopharmaceuticals to include storage, dosage preparation/calculation, administration, and disposal
- Performs quality control, equipment calibration, and equipment maintenance procedures according to standard operating procedures
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care and practices identifying opportunities for improvement through collaboration
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification:
- Current registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Required Education or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nuclear Medicine Technology
Preferred Education or Experience:
- One year of experience in the Nuclear Medicine environment