Registered Nurse RN Oncology PRN
Richmond, VA, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWe Want You!
One Company Many Careers! If you've been looking for an Oncology Nursing career where you have work-life balance, work with a committed team putting patient care at the heart of each day, then look no further than Henrico Doctors’ Hospital.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
to learn more about Oncology at Forest.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Oncology Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
• Current licensure as an RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment greater than 50 pounds.
TRAITS OF A HCA NURSE
• Sense of Humor
• Positive Attitude
• Critical Thinker
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
Reimbursement), Employee Stock Purchase
Dental, vision, life and
disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along
with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.