SHIFT: No Weekends
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why, after more than a decade, we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The Patient Access Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in daily operations of all Patient Access functions and serves as the liaison between the Shared Service Center (SSC) and the facility. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As a facility based leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services They serve as a key promoter of the SSC, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports for the Director
• Effectively manage and direct all areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Maintain a clean MPI on Meditech and works closely with HIM on a daily basis
• Maintain QA statistics and reports
• Monitor and maintain Daily Preservice Log, BILL45, and Alpha Census according to established SSC standards. If daily reports are worked by a centralized unit, the manager is responsible for working with the reports unit to ensure accounts are worked timely.
• Contribute to A/R goals for patient registration
• Work closely with Market Financial Coordinator for updates and testing for HIS Systems
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staff and problem solving
• Update collection system and requests rebill if appropriate
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division, Facility and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements.
• Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
• Previous Medical Office and/or Patient Access hospital managerial experience required.
• Strong Medical Billing, Insurance Verification, and Collection understanding preferred.