SHIFT: No Weekends
Come join us at Henrico Doctors Hospital! The Forest Campus is a 340-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA that’s part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Do you want take your career to the next level by working at one of the leading hospitals in Richmond, VA? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are proactive, goal oriented team player with the ability to work independently the Vascular Technologist position is for you.
The responsibilities for the Vascular Technologist include but are not limited to:
1. Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing duplex imaging, spectral waveform analysis, and plethysmography according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning, inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate maintenance staff.
4. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
5. Correlates non-invasive test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
6. Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
7. Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
8. Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
9. Takes call after regular hours.
10. Assists with education and training of new staff as requested.
11. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
12. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical companies”
Required - RVT/RVS registration (ARDMS or CCI)
Preferred - Two years experience in Vascular.
Preferred - Graduate of an accredited program in Vascular/Cardiac Sonography