SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital (Parham Campus), a 200-bed acute care facility is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Parham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, making it a very reputable and secure organization to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Parham Doctor's Hospital Awards and Recognitions:
- Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals in America for Orthopedic Surgery & Joint Replacement
- These distinctions put Parham Doctors' Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide
- The Joint Commission awarded the Orthopedic Program the Gold Seal of Approval for hip replacement, knee replacement and spinal fusion
Our Operating Room Department:
- 7 OR Suites
- Procedures performed: General Surgery, Heart and Vascular, Neurological and Gynecological, Orthopedics, Bariatric, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeries and Transplants.
- Spine Center of Excellence: Mazor X System for Spinal Surgery
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational and career opportunities
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting employees in reaching their professional goals; excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- More information about our surgical services
Certified Central Sterile Tech
- Follows proper procedure to clean and decontaminate instruments, trays, supplies, and equipment received from patient care areas.
- Reports any unsafe conditions, defective or missing instruments and/or equipment immediately to supervisor and removes such item(s) from processing or returning to service.
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment, such as, cart washers, sonic cleaners, washers, sterilizers, and heat-sealing units.
- Demonstrates proper knowledge and understanding of all chemicals, detergents, and other cleaning and/or disinfecting agents used in the department.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skill in assembly of trays and peel packs, to include identification of contents, internal chemical indicators, lot control numbers, wrapping, labeling and methods of sterilization.
- Monitors and documents according to procedure all required information for each sterilization load and sterilizer.
- Required to participate in the department Quality Improvement Plan, as needed.
- Uses proper procedure to fill case carts according to Surgical Schedule and procedure specific Preference Cards.
- Transports clean and soiled case carts between the operating rooms and Sterile Processing. Transports additional instrumentation as needed between Peri-operative Services and CSP areas.
- Participates in orientation of new sterile processing personnel.
- Participates in required education programs, orientation, and training courses to maintain competency in job skills, knowledge and equipment through such things as in-services, etc.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times, including confidential information of patients, according to administrative policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Sterile Processing Certification (CRCST or CSPDT) (required)
- Two years of experience as a Central Sterile Tech (required)
- Knowledge of hospital equipment, supplies, surgical instrumentation and medical terminology (required)
- Full Time
- Day Shift (8 hour shifts)
- Weekend & Holiday call requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.