SHIFT: Weekends Only
Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed
acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden
Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER.
Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer
Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center,
Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services,
Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing
Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Provide care to
patients under the direction of the RN and surgeon in accordance with the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC.
knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed
for surgical cases.
interacts and participates in teamwork as a member of the OR team.
and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
training and experience to make decisions on behalf of the OR and patient.
and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and
develops and endorses
customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to
privacy by protecting confidential information.
seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of
care or the services delivered.
knowledge of the occurrence reporting system.
Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or
unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from Surgical Technology training program or LPN program required
- High School or equivalency required
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN candidates
- Technologist Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus