Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) (PRN)
Houston, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP).
- Under the general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services, the Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for evaluation, identification and treatment of disorders of speech, language, voice, and cognition and swallowing.
- Services are provided to patients on the medical, skilled nursing units, and outpatient therapy department.
- The speech language pathologist will provide compassionate treatment and promote an environment of excellent customer service.
- The Speech/Language Pathologist will have the responsibility for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice in the provision of speech/language pathology services.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology or Communication Disorders.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence from The American Speech-Language Hearing- Association.
- Current Texas State License in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Previous experience in hospital environment preferred with an emphasis on rehabilitation and/or outpatient services.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification (American Heart required)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training and FIM training. Candidates without Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training and FIM are eligible for employment but must complete certification at the first available opportunity.