SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Part time nights
$2,500 Sign on Bonus. Available for Qualified Applicants with experience!
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed full-service hospital and is the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County Area, with over 500 highly respected and qualified physicians. For women and children services, we have 24/7 neonatologists available and the area’s only Level II NICU. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, an Express tract for minor injuries, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has the only inpatient acute care rehab facility in the tri-county are – The Rehabilitation Institute of Northwest Florida, located in Destin, FL.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, provides patient care and clerical/receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of FWBMC.
- Assists with patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs, monitoring of intake and output and patient transport. Assists with ADLs based in the patient condition, including mobility, patient transfer, bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, oral care, etc.
- Organizes, monitors and documents patient care activities then communicates activities with the nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders. Is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit. Promotes and displays a positive, customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general workstations and equipment along with ordering and stocking supplies. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm or potential patient safety issues.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety. Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- As a crisis prevention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Dr. Love).
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
- High School or equivalency preferred
- FL CNA license required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
Unit secretary skills preferred
Arrhythmia recognition skills preferred for positions ICU, ER, or PCU