SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Mental Health Technician IP
Part Time Days (Rotating Weekends)
JFK North Campus
West Palm Beach, FL
One family. Same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services. West Palm Hospital is now JFK Medical Center North Campus, an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family. By expanding our footprint, we are proud to offer you the best in comprehensive services and care.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years’ experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
The hospital employs over 600 full and part-time employees and over 900 members on its medical staff. With our top-notch specialists, state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled and compassionate caring staff, we are committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences and positive medical outcomes.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds designation as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. JFK North Campus is proud to be named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees’ commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK Medical Center North Campus is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Mental Health Technician in Mental Health Services, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, will do the following: supervise and ensure safety of patients in the therapeutic milieu, provide support to patients utilizing therapeutic communication, and assist team in provision of patient care.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- At least one year of experience working within the mental health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.