SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
We offer more specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks out for its family, neighbors and friends.
Brandon Regional Hospital is currently accepting applications for a credentialed Echo Technologist in our Cardiac Echo Lab on a full-time basis. A minimum of one (1) year experience as an Echo Tech is required.
Echo Tech Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates concern and empathy to patients.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in performing procedures, contributes of physician diagnosis, and provides care in a caring, compassionate, and respectful manner.Verifies physician order and reviews patient’s cardiac history prior to the procedure.
- Prepares and positions patients and equipment in a safe, competent manner in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Performs echocardiography procedures/studies in accordance with established operating procedures and routines accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collects clear data for physician analysis of cardiac structure and functioning.
- Ensures reports are processed and report data is provided to physician at completion of procedure.
- Maintains effective communication with patient; provides explanation procedures within scope of practice.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with cardiologist regarding any unusual clinical findings or history. Demonstrates use of the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care; collaborates, confers and with physicians, colleagues and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Supports physicians’ need to operate in multiple work environments; provides assistance within scope of practice in ensuring physician can easily access and utilize services.
- Demonstrates a “patients first” approach to care.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect to the patient, family and/or significant others as an individual and family unit.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring orders match diagnosis to ensure proper reimbursement for services and ensures appropriate patient charges are recorded.
A) CCI: Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS); or
B) ARDMS: RDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer)