Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Services
St Petersburg, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Northside Hospital seeks an experienced Registered Nurse to join Emergency Department!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for five consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
- Beds: 22 main ED beds and 5 fast track beds
- Number of Emergency Department Staff: 57
- Skill Mix: RNs, Paramedics, and Emergency Department Technicians
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (varied hours, 7-7, 9-9, 11-11); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend
- Industrial Health/Workers' Compensation Program on site to provide post-accident care including drug screens & breathalyzer testing as necessary
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation ("charting by exception"); physician's order entry is soon to be added
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
- STEMI-receiving facility (currently exceeding national average)
- Stroke-receiving facility with the ability to administer thrombolytics in the ED to directly improve patient outcomes
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) through American Heart Association; TNCC preferred
- NIHSS Certification required (available online at http://www.strokeassociation.org/)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds