SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Patient Care Tech (PCT) - Multi Task Assistant
Work Schedule: PRN (As Needed)
Unit: Outpatient Cardiac Clinic
The Multi-Task Assistant will be able to perform the roles of Patient Care
Tech and Unit Secretary. Role will be based on the needs of the unit.
Patient Care Tech:
The incumbent will perform direct patient care under the direction of the RN with emphasis on the needs of the Cardiovascular Service Line
- PCT will report data and changes in patient condition for a variety of cardiovascular problems (both medical and surgical patients)
- PCT will follow examples of safe patient interaction to complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Will transport patient throughout the facility as deemed necessary by departmental needs
- Room patients and obtain vital signs with oversight of RN
The incumbent will perform clerical functions related to patient care for the cardiovascular service line
- Maintain stock supplies
- Maintain the medical record
- Basic data entry into clinic EMR and Meditech
- Filing, faxing and organization of clinic files
Medical City is a very “special” ANCC Magnet medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400+ in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission’s highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
- Training as a Nursing Assistant, EMT, Medical Assistant or two semesters of nursing school required
- Graduate of a Patient Care Assistant Course or Certified Nurse Assistant Program, preferred
- National certification as Health Unit Coordinator, preferred.
- Current BLS issued by an American Heart Association provider
- Knowledge of medical terminology and diagnostic testing in cardiovascular health care is preferred
- Outpatient cardiac clinic experience preferred