SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Del Sol Medical Center
1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the
surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with
a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our
services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a
Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma
Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing
the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total
compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and
your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
- Operates C.T. equipment to make radiographs, scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data. Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape and hard copies, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of diagnostic CatScan by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
Texas Department of Health certification required.
Current BCLS certification required.
ARCT or ARRT examination with a current license to practice radiographic technology preferred.
Advanced certifications in related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Knowledge of axial anatomy and background in special procedures, E.I. biopsies, and basic knowledge of catheter and biopsy needles, etc. preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques required. Knowledge of radiographic physics required. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
- Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement with patients during radiographic procedures.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of CatScan equipment.
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.