SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under general supervision, operates CatScan equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic radiographs in a safe manner and performs related duties.
- Operates C.T. equipment to make radiographs, scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data. Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape and hard copies, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of diagnostic CatScan by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Texas Department of Health certification required.
Current BCLS certification required.
ARCT or ARRT examination with a current license to practice radiographic technology preferred.
Advanced certifications in related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Knowledge of axial anatomy and background in special procedures, E.I. biopsies, and basic knowledge of catheter and biopsy needles, etc. preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques required. Knowledge of radiographic physics required. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement with patients during radiographic procedures.
Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic.
Skill in safe and efficient operation of CatScan equipment.
Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.