DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
1. RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
1. Completion of RN/LVN program leading to licensure
2. Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders
Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Preferred experience as RN 1-2 years Med-Surg
2. Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
3. Radiation certification (unit course completed within 1 yr of hire date)
4. Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders.
5. Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
6. Effective communication skills, both orally and written.
7. Computer skills
8. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
9. Strong problem solving skills.