SHIFT: No Weekends
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tri-state community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
provide leadership with regards to Case Management, resource management,
quality and cost effective care.
Responsible for planning, directing, implementing and coordinating the
Case Management efforts at Del Sol Medical Center.
- Plans and manages processes
to measure, assess and identify opportunities to improve the performance of
Case Management Department as well as the total organization performance
- Provides administrative
direction to development and evaluation of all departmental personnel.
- Utilizes every opportunity
to educate hospital staff, medical staff, to their role in the Case Management
- Oversees the coordination of
the patient care process in the acute care setting by monitoring and evaluating
these processes and the services utilized to meet an individual’s health needs.
- Understands and models the
importance of communication and collaboration in the identification and
utilization of available resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes
- Plans for short and
long-term objectives and strategies for adapting to healthcare change,
supporting the mission and values of the organization.
- Assess, plans, implements
and evaluates specific departmental objectives in support of the strategic plan
of the organization.
- Monitors/manages all
resources within the departments; directs, facilitates, and delegates projects
and allocated resources within the departments in support of the goals and
objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for meeting all
regulatory standards and maintaining compliance.
- Supervise the maintenance of appropriate records and
- Adheres to The Joint
- Collaborates with other
hospital Directors in developing continuum of patient care.
- Manages the performance of
staff by communicating clear expectations, providing coaching, feedback, and
taking corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for human
resources processes inclusive of: Position management, hiring, evaluations,
counseling, coaching, terminations and staff development.
- Develop, review, monitor and evaluate policies
and procedures, protocols and standards of care related to the department.
- Responsible for twenty-four
hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
- Responsible for planning,
coordination and supervision of the activities of the staff in order to ensure
that all departmental duties and responsibilities have been assigned and
- Provides developmental
leadership and goal oriented direction to staff
- Supports the goals, mission
and values of Del Sol Medical Center
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
· Current RN licensure in TX or compact state required
· Current BCLS from American Heart Association
· 3-5 years in acute care setting with strong clinical
· Experience in the process of case management,
discharge planning and quality improvement
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Current certification in case management preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge and skills in management principles and
· Data referral and analysis
· Demonstrates strong leadership ability with strong
oral and written communication skills
· Program development and presentation effectiveness
· Minimum 2 yrs of related healthcare experience in
· Minimum 2 yrs. of management/supervisor experience
in acute care or outpatient healthcare setting preferred